Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Almost 40 but still feeling 20

Someone on my FB account shared this e-card yesterday, which literally made me laugh out loud (and has generated more than a few spontaneous chuckles since then, too!)

"I'm almost 40 but I still feel like I'm 20...until I hang out with some 20 year olds.  Then I'm like no, never mind, I'm 40."  http://some.ly/WrpfGn (The image comes up when you click on the link, but I can't seem to post it on Blogger!)
I thought to myself, yes, going back to nursing school is a good reality check for feeling that way!!!  Luckily, I'm far from being the only one in my "mature" second-career situation, and honestly, everyone I've met, younger and older, has been truly nice and friendly.  Nursing school is a good mix of ages, interests, backgrounds, cultures and personalities.

For some reason, I can't post the graphic from the source credited website on my blog.  (Blogger why have you changed how I can post photos on my blog??? It used to be so simple...)  When I have more time, I'll try again to post the actual image here. 

Getting back to the quote, it's almost like one of those situations where in the past I have often said, "I can choose to laugh or to cry over this right now -- I choose to laugh".

I'm off to prep for my first clinical experience later today!!!  I'm really looking forward to that.

And nobody had better ask me if I'm the instructor...

No comments:

Post a Comment