Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Well, that was "interesting"

I'm back home now, after my having written my first mid-term exam of this second semester of nursing school.  Bone anatomy/skeletal system (head to toe, including joints), the integumentary system and its accessory organs.

whew.

I am not at all sure how it went, and that is a very odd feeling indeed.  I feel totally stunned, but somewhat better now that I've had a chance to look up a few answers in my notes. Better, but still not good.

What is done, is done.  Nothing more can be done now, except wait for the results and hope for the best.

Oh yes, and I can also buckle down and get studying for the next 3 exams!

There seems to be a feeling among many of my classmates, about having a hard time getting back into the "school groove" this term.  I was talking about this phenomenon with my husband last night, and he casually mentioned, like it was an obvious fact, that the second semester in a bachelors program is generally the most difficult to get through.

When asked why, he explained that the novelty of starting something new had worn off, when first semester was completed.  Yes.  Second semester courses, of first year, are generally extensions of courses that were started in first semester.  Yes.  And they are not necessarily the most interesting courses that will be taken over the course of the entire Bachelor's program.  Very true.  After this semester, there will be clinicals each and every semester. 

So I think he is absolutely right.  The novelty has worn off from starting a new educational path, yet I'm still stuck in the classroom memorizing various knobs and fissures found in bones, when I am so, so ready to roll up my sleeves and start working hands-on with patients.

We just have to get through the next 6-7 more weeks of classes, and it will all be over.

Onwards and upwards, as I like to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment