Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Breakthrough!

For the first time in my life...after having studied this several times in the past...I actually thoroughly understand the roles and functioning of the coenzymes of the oxidative pathway.  Hallelujah.  All I can say is that FAD and NAD (which stand for flavin adenine dinucleotide and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, derived from riboflavin and niacin, respectively) had better be on today's exam! 

Oxidation-reduction reactions, roles of coenzymes, ATP synthesis, metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, the activation of sugar, the %?&* Krebs Cycle, oxidative phosphorylation and the electron transport chain -- bring them on!!!  Oh yeah, and I cannot forget the physiology and biochemistry of the entire digestive system too.  Bring that on too!!!

I'm not entirely sure just how this will make me a (better) nurse, but that it not the point today.  The exam is today, and that needs to be passed, and that`s how it will make me a nurse.  A thorough knowledge of the digestive system I can understand needing to know, and can see how that will help in my work as a nurse, but learning details down to the biochemical level, that's just not that important for a nurse to be able to explain and teach to patients.

I will be so happy when this exam, and this particular course, are over.

Fingers crossed for a good exam this afternoon!

Back to my last minute review...

No comments:

Post a Comment