Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stomach of a nurse!

I've just realized that I have absolutely no issues eating my lunch while reading the chapter in my textbook about "skin integrity and wound care".  It is full of disgusting-looking and awful photographs of all types of wounds in various stages infection and necrosis.  (How those patients must suffer with those!!!  I simply cannot imagine.)

I had this same realization a few weeks ago, as my fellow nursing students and I sat around the table at break time, during a clinical shift.  We proceeded to discuss all the painful and hideous-looking conditions that we encountered that morning.  Again, we did it while eating and seemingly as if we were discussing hockey scores (I'm Canadian).  Future nurses, indeed!!!

Yep, that's wound care.  Keep learning.  Keep eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment