Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Mini Break

We had a very short fall break this week.  Normally, its a full week off, but at least I got two days off from classes, plus Thanksgiving Monday, which is a national holiday here in Canada. 

I have my last two pediatric clinical shifts lined up for Saturday and Sunday.  Then I have to hand in my "nursing student" ID badge at the children's hospital (sniff!!!).  But I'll be back.

Truth be told, I am very sad to be leaving the children's hospital, but I'm also very much looking forward to doing the maternity/L&D clinical rotation that starts next week.  It was L&D that I was totally focused on as a specialty, when starting nursing school (and for many years before starting nursing school!).  Pediatrics may have derailed those plans, but honestly, I'm still very, very much looking forward to the maternity rotation.  It will be incredible.  Who knows, its maybe still a toss up between pediatrics and maternity.  I need a way to find out how to do both....

In the meantime, I have to concentrate on the here and now.  Our school has "intensive" courses, meaning we cram an entire semester into half a semester, by focusing only on one subject.  Its great to be able to have complete focus on pediatrics, but it also means I have a final exam looming next week, in the middle of the semester.  I still have so much studying to do to prepare for that.  It truly seem surreal to be studying for a final exam in the middle of October...but it is what it is.

Gotta get back to the books.  The weekend will be busy with shifts and my own kids.  This whole nursing school experience is forcing me to better manage what precious little free time I do have.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment