Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer (textbook!) Reading

I'll admit it, I'm missing school, now that I've had a couple months away from it.

I've ordered my fall textbooks, in order to get a head start on the readings...and the good news is that I'm currently on Chapter 4 of the maternity textbook.  The first few chapters are soooo dry and difficult to get through -- all about nursing theories regarding perinatal nursing.  It's just not my thing - I know people who simply love nursing theory.  Just let me roll my sleeves up and get to work, is my preferred course.

So just one more 'dry' chapter to go, and then it gets into the good stuff. 

The one textbook covers both perinatal nursing and paediatrics, both courses that will be taken in the fall term.  The textbook is about 2,000 pages long and weighs about 10 lb.  So my currently being in Chapter 4 is good, but it is only a drop in the bucket...

But I'm lovin' it!!!! 

And I so miss wearing scrubs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment