Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Medical Animation - Heal: ghOst Production's 2009 Orthopedic Demo Reel

How about orthopaedics as a specialty, anyone?  I'd always heard it referenced to as 'medical carpentry', and now I completely see why that reference is valid!  It is simply fascinating to see what orthopaedic surgeons can do, and how they can help injured people.  (And even Michaelangelo knew better than to paint the Sistine Chapel without using an elaborate scaffolding system!!!)

ghOst Productions have a whole series of animated shorts, on various medical specialties and body systems.  It is so well done!!!



On a completely unrelated note, I just want to say that I received some shocking medical news about somebody I indirectly know.  I won't go into any details here, but she is in intensive care right this minute, fighting for her life.  Her loving husband and two young daughters are waiting for her full and complete recovery, as is a very special little boy. 

I have great hope for her full recovery, given that she was able to communicate after she was revived by paramedics, and because she was breathing on her own. That tells me key parts of the brain (that we studied in such detail in neuro-anatomy and neuro-physiology classes!) were still functioning.  Time will tell, but I truly believe in her full recovery.

Life is so precious and fragile.  Tell someone you care about what you appreciate about them Hug them.  Reach out.  Don't put it off.  Life's too unpredictable to put it off.  Be grateful.  Show your love.

Future Nurse Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment