Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Anyone start their nursing career later in life?

Many have, apparently!

This was the title of a post on AllNurses.com, started in 2005.

So far, there have been 949 responses to this question, with the latest answers coming in May 2011.  Many people answering are older than me, and seemingly very, very happy with their decisions.

When I need some inspiration to make this career change a reality, I read a few of the answers.  It makes me realize that there are other people out there who willingly left successful careers (i.e. those in NS not as a result from being laid-off or in a dead-end job and upgrading), at my stage of life (married, kids, house, dog, etc!), and many were even significantly older.

Here's the link to the thread:
http://allnurses.com/success-stories-nursing/anyone-start-their-125963.html

Only 8 more weeks until classes start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment