Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Dreaming about nursing school

OK, not dreaming as in wishing to be going to nursing school...rather, having nightmares about missing clinical shifts in nursing school.

A few nights ago, I dreamt that it was the first week of third year, and by Friday afternoon of that first week, I finally got around to looking at my class schedule (like that would ever happen in real life!!!).  And to my horror, I realized that I had missed a clinical shift on Thursday and I'd half-way missed the Friday shift, which was already in progress.  I had no excuse for the missed shifts -- just simply that I had not bothered to look at the schedule!  Yikes. That would not go over well with the clinical instructors -- and with good reason!

Anyhow, to make a long dream short, I finally realized that it was just a very bad dream, and woke up with great relief.  Blessed relief.  It is still only July, and third year classes are still several weeks away.  And, I have the fall schedule already printed off and am very much aware when my clinical orientation starts.

I just found it interesting that my brain is already thinking ahead to starting that dreaded schedule that third year promises to be.  It will be very interesting and I know I will learn tons, but getting through those eight months will be a marathon in itself. I'll just have to take it day by day, and not get all worked up about the big picture/schedule. 

One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment