Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Early Sunday Morning

Ahhh, there's nothing like working on a neuro-anatomy assignment, while enjoying (OK, waking up with!) my morning coffee.  Such is the glamourous life of a nursing student.

What amazes me even more, is that I actually am working on a neuro-anatomy assignment! 

For so many years I tried so very hard to ignore and suppress my medical career calling, convincing myself that I was already established in a great career in communications.  Truth is, I was extremely well established in a stable career, but it just wasn't right.  I wasn't challenged enough, didn't feel like I'd accomplished much at the end of the day, and just wasn't feeling right.  Maybe this was a mid-life cross-roads of sorts. I just knew that it was "now or never" to make the switch to the medical field.  Either do it now, or regret not having made the change for the rest of my life.

I guess that heeding the medical vocation calling me was even more stubborn than I, who was trying to ignore it at this stage in my life.  (And being a red-head, I am somewhat known for being "a wee bit" stubborn at times.)  Hard to believe, but true. ;-)

Back to the cranial nerves now, after I re-fill my coffee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment