Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

I did the craziest thing last night

I am studying and studying. And starting to drive myself crazy with just sitting and studying (and perhaps eating, too, when I study!).

Last night, on an impulse decision (even though it is something I've been thinking about for a long time), I signed myself up to run a half-marathon in September.

Gasp!!!

I don't remember the last time I went for a run. So I went this morning for a short run, to see if I still could run (maybe that's something I should have done before signing up, but hey, that's me). I managed to do 3.5 km. That is nowhere near 21 km, but all things considered, it is a good start. It was not fast, but it was a run.

My goals are 1- to finish the half-marathon, and if I succeed with goal 1, then goal 2 is not to be the last person in my age category!!! (at least second last would be fine!)

I think some wise old ancient Greek guy said, "Healthy mind, healthy body." If I want to conquer this nursing licensing exam, I gotta get the healthy body to help out.  Plus, I like the idea of actually doing the stuff I tell my patients they need to/really should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment